From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 02:38:31
1 On Tuesday 16 November 2004 21:14, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > 1. This isn't up to any Gentoo developer. There are only four of them
3 > who could commit this.
4
5 ok, portage developer :)
6
7 > 2. The community provided solutions are inadequate.
8
9 ...
10
11 > 3. You *really* don't want every einfo logged. Trust me, I already do
12 > this, and it's messy. einfo wasn't designed to be logged, it was
13 > designed to display a message to the user during a build.
14
15 It would be enough to have all the einfos in one place, _after_ merging all
16 packages is done for a start.
17
18 > It'd be a heck of a lot easier to go through and convert those few critical
19 > messages to use a function like 'elog' or somesuch.
20
21 So we'd have einfo, eerror, ewarn and everyimportanzupgrademessage? :)
24 Alex
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list