From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:14:25
1 On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:08:06 +0100 Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
2 wrote:
3 | As said, have a look at the bug mentioned in the other msg, someone
4 | did it, just no gentoo developer seems to want to integrate the
5 | functionality that the community is ready to provide.
6
7 1. This isn't up to any Gentoo developer. There are only four of them
8 who could commit this.
9
10 2. The community provided solutions are inadequate.
11
12 3. You *really* don't want every einfo logged. Trust me, I already do
13 this, and it's messy. einfo wasn't designed to be logged, it was
14 designed to display a message to the user during a build. It'd be a heck
15 of a lot easier to go through and convert those few critical messages to
16 use a function like 'elog' or somesuch.
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm