From: Alexander Tsoy <alexander@××××.me>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Managing updates on many identical Gentoo systems
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 22:31:16
1 В Чт, 18/01/2018 в 06:46 -0500, Anthony G. Basile пишет:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to design an update system for many identical Gentoo
5 > systems.
6 >  Using a binhost is obvious, but there are still problems with this
7 > approach.
8 >
9 > Unless there's some magic I don't know about (and this is why I'm
10 > sending this email) each machine still needs to have the portage tree
11 > installed locally (1.5 GB) or somehow mounted by a network filesystem
12 > (which is not practical if the machines are not on a local network).
13 > Furthermore, each machine would have to run emerge locally to do the
14 > calculation of what packages need updating.
15
16 AFAIK each machine only needs "profiles" and "eclass" directories and
17 not the full repo. eclass dir is needed because of the check below in
18 ebuild.sh:
21 inherit()
22 ...
23 [[ -z ${location} ]] && die "${1}.eclass could not be found by
24 inherit()"
25
26 And this check actually should be skipped for binary packages. They are
27 already contain full environment.