From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Recruitment process is moving back to quizzes
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 10:12:45
1 (Please consider quoting only what is relevant. Thanks!)
2
3 Markos Chandras wrote:
4 > In my opinion, the quizzes contain all the knowledge that is
5 > required for someone to start developing for Gentoo. Yes, maybe
6 > it requires too much knowledge
7
8 So which is it? "All that is required" or "too much?"
11 Also, what exactly do you refer to by "Gentoo?" The distribution
12 or the foundation?
13
14 I've been managing my own overlay and a few private ones for a few
15 years now, all while using catalyst to build more or less customized
16 Linux systems for me and for others.
17
18 I dive into bugzilla when a bug bites, and I'll usually generate a
19 patch.
20
21 Am I actually developing for Gentoo Linux already?
24 //Peter