From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: Kevyn Shortell <trance@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:50:22
1 begin quote
2 On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:39:30 -0700
3 "Kevyn Shortell" <trance@g.o> wrote:
6 > Some people have said that they sometimes cross-post from non sub'd
7 > accounts and they find that handy, but it causes too many issues for
8 > everyone who uses the same account all the time. So for those people I
9 > would suggest subscribing with your other account in digest mode, so
10 > you only ever see one email from the list at the end of the day, so
11 > the rest of us can be safe from trolls, spammers and whoever else
12 > wanders upon our list.
13
14 I would suggest we implement something like "postonly@×××××.org" which
15 will subscribe an email address as "post-only" and will do just that.
16 Its incredible useful for us with multiple mail accounts and aliases, as
17 well as crossposting.
20 antother "good thing" would be to crosslink the -user and -dev for
21 posting, but not recieving. Ie, if you subscribe to one list you are
22 allowed to send to all, but won't have to recieve all.
25 //Spider
28 begin .signature
29 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
31 end