From: Kevyn Shortell <trance@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:40:00
1 Greetings,
2
3 One can no longer say that the Gentoo Development team never listen,
4 after many complaints and suggestions for improvement to the lists mostly
5 regarding spam, the result from such is, a new list admin has been
6 assigned to correct this problem, and from this message you can
7 probably guess by now, that it would be me =)
8
9 So the first thing I'm going to do is make gentoo-dev a post subscribe only
10 list, meaning if you aren't subscribed to the list, you can't post to the list.
11
12 Some people have said that they sometimes cross-post from non sub'd
13 accounts and they find that handy, but it causes too many issues for everyone
14 who uses the same account all the time. So for those people I would suggest
15 subscribing with your other account in digest mode, so you only ever see
16 one email from the list at the end of the day, so the rest of us can be safe
17 from trolls, spammers and whoever else wanders upon our list.
18
19 I don't plan on changing anything else, other than that so that things will continue
20 to run as they normally have, just minus the trolls and spammers. =)
21
22 Thanks,
23
24 Kevyn Shortell
25 Gentoo PPC Dev Lead / Gentoo ListKeeper
26 trance@g.o