From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] old "masked for testing" entries
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 20:46:21
1 On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > Rich Freeman asked, in another thread, for specific examples of old
5 > package.mask entries that just have "masked for testing" as the
6 > description.
7 >
8 > Here is what I found with a quick look through package.mask. These
9 > should be cleaned up by either 1) removing the mask or 2) booting the
10 > affected packages or versions from the tree.
13 Or 3) Improve the mask message.
14
15 For example, I think the major reason for the sys-libs/db mask is a
16 weird licensing issue. It's still nice to have it in the tree.