From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 20:03:05
1 On Wednesday 17 May 2006 18:56, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 May 2006 16:28:21 +0000 (UTC)
3 >
4 > "Duncan" <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
5 > > Herein lies the crux of the problem, IMO. Regardless of all the other
6 > > arguments made, I simply cannot believe it is reasonable to ask that
7 > > Gentoo devs give their blessing to add to the tree something that
8 > > hasn't yet even been written, let alone tested not to break anything
9 > > with existing portage.
10 >
11 > The initial request was for any objections to the principle. Since
12 > people asked for a concrete example of what was going in, I provided it.
13
14 This request was such as to judge the advantages of adding it to the tree.
15 This would allow judgement and weighing of the advantages and disadvantages.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Gentoo Developer