From: Ralph Seichter <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Python application with multiple new dependencies
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 20:28:10
1 Hi folks,
2
3 imagine a Python application "monty" with the following requirements
4 listed in setup.py:
5
6 install_requires=[
7 'ham>=1.0',
8 'spam>=2.0',
9 'eggs>=1.5'
10 ]
11
12 If I want to add "monty" as a new Gentoo package, and if none of "ham",
13 "spam" and "eggs" are so far available as Gentoo packages, what is the
14 recommended way of handling this situation?
15
16 1. Create one pull request that contains separate commits for adding
17 each of the four Python packages?
18
19 2. Create four separate pull requests?
20
21 3. Find out there is an eclass I have missed so far which performs the
22 equivalent of "pip install monty" and create an ebuild based on it?
23
24 4. None of the above.
25
26 -Ralph