From: Rodolfo Boer <rodolfo_mv@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Unified nVidia Driver Ebuild ready for testing
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:30:56
1 Alle 13:50, sabato 24 dicembre 2005, Peter ha scritto:
2 > Also, I find it absolutely fascinating that the only people against this
3 > concept are devs, and the only people for it are users. Remember that
4 > users are your customers. Every effort should be made to keep them happy.
5
6 As a user, I wouldn't normally write to this list, but you asked for our
7 opinions.
8
9 Apart from the fact that I upgrade the kernel more often than I upgrade
10 nvidia-kernel, and as many have pointed out this means reistallyng glx,
11 nvidia-settings and nvidia-xconfig even if not needed, there's also another
12 important point:
13
14 This unified ebuild will lead me to upgrade the package even if it is just a
15 rev-bump for issues related to (e.g.) nvidia-settings, which I don't even
16 use!! Or do you expect that users always look at the Changelog to see if the
17 upgrade really applies to them. How could this "improve the user's
18 experience"?
19
20 Some may not agree with the idea of turning it in a meta-ebuild, but if this
21 must really be done, I think that would be the only way to keep everyone
22 satisfied.
25 Move -- Proudly abusing Gentoo Base System version 1.12.0_pre12
26 Linux 2.6.14-gentoo-r5
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list