From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tools to help QA
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:49:36
1 On Friday 25 June 2004 07:44, Markus Nigbur wrote:
2 > > also a good tool for the QA team would be something like a
3 > > feedback-option in the portage script. i mean: if "emerge apache" fails a
4 > > user should be able to report a feedback direktly via portage to the
5 > > bugzilla or better the
6 > > qa team. the qa-team then probably can do more checks and verify the
7 > > failure.
8 >
9 > That's a frequent request, but the general opinion is - bugzilla serves
10 > all needs.
11
12 I like the idea of this tool, and the idea of reporting automatically into
13 bugzilla. If we have bug voting (like bugs.kde.org), you could combine this
14 to automatically produce interesting stats and reports about the problems
15 that are actually occuring.
16
17 Best regards,
18 Stu
19 --
20 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
21 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
22 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
23
24 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
25 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
26 --