From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: udev-rules.eclass
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:02:09
1 On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:11:42 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > All,
5 > I am about to release udev-186-r1, which will move everything
6 > currently in /lib/udev to /usr/lib/udev.
7 >
8 > For packages that install udev rules in ${FILESDIR}, we need an eclass
9 > that tests the version of udev installed on the user's system and
10 > installs the udev rules in the proper place. I'm not sure how many
11 > packages do this, so if it is a very small number of packages, it may
12 > not be worth the eclass. It would be good to discuss that as well as
13 > reviewing the proposed eclass.
14
15 How do you plan to handle the following:
16 - foo installs an udev rule
17 - install foo with old udev
18 - upgrade udev
19
20 are rules installed by foo used by new udev ?
21
22 A.