From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "Commercial" software in portage
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:35:55
1 On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 17:55 -0500, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > Is this just a one-off implementation until GLEP 23 is implemented, or
3 > something that will complement it? Whats going to happen to this data
4 > after GLEP23 gets implemented? I'd hate to see something added simply
5 > because its a quick one-off solution to make something work. I'd rather
6 > see people focus on the actual GLEP and moving it along. Of course, if
7 > this data will just be an added feature of GLEP23, I don't see a problem.
8
9 This really has nothing to do with GLEP23, as it isn't related to any
10 kind of grouping, or ACCEPT_LICENSE. It is simply a marker to say to
11 our users: "Hey, you have to buy this for it to work." That is
12 something that GLEP23 does not provide for in any way.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
17 Games - Developer
18 Gentoo Linux