From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] introspection use flag
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 20:49:36
1 On Saturday 07 of May 2011 01:18:57 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
3 wrote:
4 > > On Friday 06 of May 2011 15:18:20 Marijn wrote:
5 > >> And what happened to the proposed description:
6 > >>
7 > >> introspection: Add gobject-introspection support, allowing for the
8 > >> dynamic generation of bindings for various languages
9 > >
10 > > No.
11 > >
12 > > http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-dev@l.g.o/msg40069.html
13 >
14 > It's things like this that convinced us that there's no real advantage
15 > in having it as a global use-flag. Maybe 3 years later when there is
16 > *still* nothing else in the tree that uses "introspection" besides
17 > gobject-introspection, we'll revisit this and finally make it a global
18 > use-flag.
19
20 Nirbheek... and what's particularly wrong with 'introspection' global USE flag
21 having implementation-agnostic "Enable runtime API introspection" description?
22
23 Nobody sees anything wrong with overly vague 'xml' global USE flag and my
24 proposition isn't worse ('Add support for XML files' ... you mean what
25 support? import/export or just expat vs libxml2?)
28 regards
29 MM