From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Implicit system dependency
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 00:08:29
1 > On Nov 17, 2014, at 7:03 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 >> On 11/18/2014 12:47 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
4 >> Am Dienstag, 18. November 2014, 00:38:36 schrieb hasufell:
5 >>
6 >> We just don't want to answer a thousand
7 >> questions when things break for others. That is the whole point of sane
8 >> defaults.
9 >
10 > Except that sane defaults are not a substitute for correct dependencies
11 > (like people omitting USE flag deps on libsdl, because they assume users
12 > won't disable them).
13 >
14 > Also, you don't have to answer questions if it's clear that certain
15 > settings break stuff and what they break. There are ways to communicate
16 > this (even in USE flag descriptions).
17 > If you don't communicate it, then you will have to answers questions...
20 Can we all agree that dependencies should be correct regardless of the use flag settings? And leave the rest of this discussion to the bikeshed it belongs in ? :)