From: Christian Loitsch <christian@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: .bashrc and .bash_profile
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:13:50
1 >> This is also to e.g. allow "exec screen" inside the .bash_profile
4 >Now -that- would be veeery interesting...
5 >
6 works pretty well.
7 The only thing I have trouble with, is, that bash_logout is never called
8 :(
9 I really want my screen to be cleared everytime I log out.
10 I the worst case I will patch screen to clear the screen, but this is
11 not a nice solution.
12
13 >doesn't screen start a login shell everytime it launches?
14 depends:
15 == man page ==
16 If the command begins with a '-' character, the shell will
17 be started as a login-shell.
18 ====
19 >
20 >A wonderful eternal loop of screen->bash->screen->bash->screen->bash ...
21 >continuing only until the OOM killer strikes, you run out of file-descriptors,
22 >or max-process strikes...
23 >
24 >pretty forkbomb, as every screen will stay alive wether the main process
25 >is alive or dead, and it will continue until you manage to time the kill to
26 >get the last screen (killall....) or change bash_profile ....
27 actually its not to hard to stop ;)
28 Happened to me, when I played with the screenrc to make bash_logout
29 execute. I think a few C-c were enough.
30
31 cu
32 christian
33