From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] berkdb and gdbm in global USE defaults
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 12:01:34
1 On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 4:33 AM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > Looking through our profiles, I see we have both berkdb and gdbm
3 > enabled "globally".
4 >
5 > default/linux/make.defaults:USE="berkdb crypt ipv6 ncurses nls pam
6 > readline ssl tcpd zlib"
7 > releases/make.defaults:USE="acl gdbm nptl unicode"
8 >
9 > Is there any reason to have these USE flags enabled globally?
10
11 Good question... I already disable them, I think, as it doesn't really
12 make sense from my perspective to enable them globally. I think
13 letting packages set their own defaults with IUSE would probably be a
14 better solution.
15