From: Wolfram Schlich <lists@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openssh sftplogging patch
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:18:52
1 * Rumi Szabolcs <rumi_ml@××××.hu> [2006-11-13 09:15]:
2 > On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 23:11:09 -0500
3 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Sunday 12 November 2006 11:38, Rumi Szabolcs wrote:
6 > > > Could anybody please tell what happened?
7 > >
8 > > it's been integrated upstream so there's no point in having a patch anymore
9 > > -mike
10 >
11 > Shouldn't this be mentioned in the ChangeLog somewhere?
12
13 In what ChangeLog, the portage package ChangeLog?
14 Yeah, I also had to look at the OpenSSH ChangeLog to find out that
15 SFTP logging has been added as a new feature.
16
17 > This is the 4.4p1 ebuild we are talking about and I could not find
18 > too much of a difference between the patches against 4.3 and 4.4:
19 >
20 > http://sftplogging.sourceforge.net/download/v1.5/openssh-4.4p1.sftplogging-v1.5.patch
21 >
22 > To me this doesn't look like as if it would have been integrated...
23
24 The sftp-server(8) binary has new command line options that influence
25 SFTP logging:
26
27 -f log_facility
28 -l log_level
29
30 The sftplogging also contains functionality to control umask and permit
31 chmod and chgrp, which the upstream sftp-server does not provide.
32 --
33 Wolfram Schlich
34 --
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list