From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Johannes Huber <johu@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, infra-bugs@g.o, qa@g.o, council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 13:34:34
1 >>>>> On Sun, 14 Sep 2014, Johannes Huber wrote:
2
3 > Am Sonntag 14 September 2014, 15:17:41 schrieb Ulrich Mueller:
4 >> >>>>> On Sun, 14 Sep 2014, Michał Górny wrote:
5 >> > I think we should also merge gentoo-news & glsa & herds.xml into the
6 >> > repository. They all reference Gentoo packages at a particular state
7 >> > in time, and it would be much nicer to have them synced properly.
8 >>
9 >> Not a good idea, because we may want to grant commit access to
10 >> these repos for people who are not necessarily ebuild devs.
11
12 > This could be solved by a pull requests review tool (gerrit,
13 > reviewboard, gitlab etc).
14
15 Second argument is that gentoo-x86 is large enough as it is, and we
16 shouldn't make it even larger by merging in things that are not
17 strictly necessary. Especially glsa has a non negligible size.
18
19 Ulrich