From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Treewide metadata.xml
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:08:47
1 On Friday 27 May 2005 13:01, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 >
3 > Sounds good, if your script validates the per-package metadata.xml
4 > before transform it to the global one. It'd really suck if a single
5 > missing '>' could screw the whole tree's metadata. This shouldn't be a
6 > problem, especially if you transform the information with XSLT.
7 >
8 > I definitively like the idea, it should speed up emerge -s enormously
9 > and save quite some inodes. A reduction of 8% of files sounds really
10 > good.
11
12 My script does that (it was written before repoman and the server did xml
13 parsing). Check it out ;-)
14
15 Paul
18 Paul de Vrieze