From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] added Gentoo-HOWTO
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:30:29
1 Pete Gavin wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I've gotten a decent start on my Gentoo-HOWTO. I put it in the root of
6 > the portage tree, and its called Gentoo-HOWTO. Please read it and give
7 > me any comments on things you think I should change/add/subtract/etc.
8 >
9 > Thanx
10 > Pete
11
12 Hi Pete,
13
14 I took a short look at your HOWTO and think it sounds good.
15
16 Comments:
17
18 sys-build is no longer used instead the packages listed in
19 current-packages.build are used together with the USE flags
20 "build" and "build-static".
21
22 I don't think it is neccesary to add -gentoo to our patches.
23 Sometimes it is better to store patches without the ${PV} because
24 the same patch can be used for different versions.
25 Sometimes it is better to store patches in files/${PV} to keep the list
26 in files small.
29 How about creating a new package in app-doc and place the Gentoo-HOWTO
30 in there.
31
32 I want to make a doc for the USE variables and this can be placed there
33 too.
34
35 Daniel,
36
37 What do you think about using docbook for these docs. The sgml-tools
38 should work quite well and we can produce the following output formates:
39 dvi html man pdf ps rtf tex texi txt.
40 We can add our own html-backend or an xml backend that can be used
41 for xslt transformation.
42
43 achim~
48 > gentoo-dev mailing list