From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] download problem in ebuild
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 02:45:50
1 On 08/23/05 Nick Rout wrote:
2
3 > I am not sure how to deal with this problem.
4 >
5 > Lost Labyrinth is a game I am trying to write an ebuild for. I am
6 > stuck on downloading, which isn't very encouraging.
7 >
8 > The URL to download the gane is:
9 >
10 > http://laby.toybox.de/download15/
11 >
12 > which redirects to the latest version of the file (currently
13 > laby_1.0.1.tar.gz)
14 >
15 > Unfortunately the redirect results in wget naming the file:
16 >
17 > download2.php?fileid=15
18 >
19 > which is where the pain starts!
20 >
21 > wget does work ok if you use the -O optin like:
22 >
23 > wget http://laby.toybox.de/download15/ -O laby_1.0.1.tar.gz
24 >
25 > So, i am looking for a way to ensure that wget, when operated through
26 > portage, will append the -O, or I am wondering if there is a way to
27 > over-ride the default fetching behaviour in the ebuild itself,
28 > something like:
29 >
30 > DOWNLOAD_CMD="wget http://laby.toybox.de/download15/ -O
31 > laby_$(P).tar.gz"
32
33 Nope. You have three options:
34 a) bug upstream to fix that crap
35 b) use RESTRICT="fetch"
36 c) assuming the license permits it, repackage it
37
38 Marius
43 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
44 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
45 --
46 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list