From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE Linux 2.6.x
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:15:43
1 > 1,2,3 things that haven't been done yet.. Personally I compile mine in /opt,
2 > because my /home is pretty full...
3
4 So you move the sources from /usr/src/ to /opt, or you don't use the
5 various kernel-sources ebuilds? If you're moving the sources, what
6 makes /opt better than /usr/src?
7
8 Incidentally, I'm quite glad that /usr/src/linux is the target of a lot
9 of our ebuilds, since it's fairly common for me to build and install
10 alsa, pcmcia, and nvidia modules for the kernel I'm about to boot into.
11 (Why do I want to build the modules before rebooting? Because that way I
12 don't have to spend twenty minutes in console mode before I can have
13 working sound, video, and networking.)
14
15 -g2boojum-
16 --
17 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>