From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patch filename conventions (WAS: Proposal: patches.gentoo.org)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:56:13
1 On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 22:20 -0400, Dylan Carlson wrote:
2 > On Thu October 14 2004 18:14, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > if you want to flesh out the 'foo' part, fine, but the prefix involving
4 > > a # and $ARCH is already set in stone
5 >
6 > Set in stone? Surely we're not that inflexible. If we're going to have
7 > all the patches in a single, shared directory, we're going to need
8 > something more thoughtful than that, and that means -- at the very least
9 > -- starting the filename with the name of the package.
10
11 Who ever said the tarball had to have the same name as the patches
12 inside it?
13 --
14 Donnie Berkholz
15 Gentoo Linux