From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patch filename conventions (WAS: Proposal: patches.gentoo.org)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:21:00
1 On Thu October 14 2004 18:14, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > if you want to flesh out the 'foo' part, fine, but the prefix involving
3 > a # and $ARCH is already set in stone
4
5 Set in stone? Surely we're not that inflexible. If we're going to have
6 all the patches in a single, shared directory, we're going to need
7 something more thoughtful than that, and that means -- at the very least
8 -- starting the filename with the name of the package.
11 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]
12 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list