From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Projects and subproject status
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:44:37
1 On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 23:35 +0530, Anant Narayanan wrote:
2 > If nobody has a problem with making the GWN a GMN (Monthly
3 > newsletter), then I am willing to volunteer to get this project back
4 > on track. Even if few people actually submit anything, I think there
5 > is enough activity going on this list, the planet and -commits to fill
6 > up a newsletter every month. And I'm willing to invest 12, even 15,
7 > hours a month to get this thing rolling again.
8
9 That's great! I am afraid that it'll likely take you much longer than
10 you anticipate, as it took me that long every *week* when I was doing
11 it.
12
13 Some of the scripts would need to be updated to work on a monthly-basis
14 rather than weekly. Also, I still think that it would be good to
15 automate the scripts that run by putting them on infra somewhere and
16 having just the output mailed to gwn-feedback as it'll save a little bit
17 of time for the person doing the GWN and also it'll make sure you don't
18 forget to run it.
21 Chris Gianelloni
22 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
23 Games Developer