From: Anant Narayanan <anant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Projects and subproject status
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:05:56
1 Good day All,
2
3 Sorry for the thread hijack, but...
4
5 > GWN: The GWN is currently in a permanent state of hiatus. I have no
6 > intentions on spending another minute working on the GWN. While many,
7 > many improvements have been made in the processes for getting the
8 > automated data, getting articles has been pulling teeth, at best.
9 > This
10 > was taking me upwards of 12 hours a week, which was impacting the
11 > time I
12 > had available to work on things like releases and my day job. As
13 > such,
14 > the GWN is abandoned and will likely stay that way until someone steps
15 > up and decides they're ready and willing to give up their lives to
16 > work
17 > on this publication. Yes, I think switching to a monthly newsletter
18 > would *help* the problem, but it still won't resolve it. The GWN
19 > needs
20 > articles more than anything, and few people are submitting anything.
21
22 If nobody has a problem with making the GWN a GMN (Monthly
23 newsletter), then I am willing to volunteer to get this project back
24 on track. Even if few people actually submit anything, I think there
25 is enough activity going on this list, the planet and -commits to fill
26 up a newsletter every month. And I'm willing to invest 12, even 15,
27 hours a month to get this thing rolling again.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Anant
31 --