From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Projects and subproject status
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:55:21
1 Anant Narayanan wrote:
2 > Good day All,
3 >
4 > Sorry for the thread hijack, but...
5 >
6 >> GWN: The GWN is currently in a permanent state of hiatus. I have no
7 >> intentions on spending another minute working on the GWN. While many,
8 >> many improvements have been made in the processes for getting the
9 >> automated data, getting articles has been pulling teeth, at best. This
10 >> was taking me upwards of 12 hours a week, which was impacting the time I
11 >> had available to work on things like releases and my day job. As such,
12 >> the GWN is abandoned and will likely stay that way until someone steps
13 >> up and decides they're ready and willing to give up their lives to work
14 >> on this publication. Yes, I think switching to a monthly newsletter
15 >> would *help* the problem, but it still won't resolve it. The GWN needs
16 >> articles more than anything, and few people are submitting anything.
17 >
18 > If nobody has a problem with making the GWN a GMN (Monthly newsletter),
19 > then I am willing to volunteer to get this project back on track. Even
20 > if few people actually submit anything, I think there is enough activity
21 > going on this list, the planet and -commits to fill up a newsletter
22 > every month. And I'm willing to invest 12, even 15, hours a month to get
23 > this thing rolling again.
24
25 If you do, I can start doing package mask reports again. I stopped when
26 the GWN did since I didn't think it was very interesting to -dev readers
27 that see the individual announcements anyways.
31 fonts, by design, by neglect
32 gcc-porting, for a fact or just for effect
33 wxwindows @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662
36 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list