From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X (7.0) stable on x86
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:26:39
Wernfried Haas wrote:
> earlier today i updated my box (without reading the guide because i > haven't gotten this mail yet), and apart from one problem because of > not deleting some files as mentioned in the guide, all went fine. > I also noticed (and someone correct me if i'm wrong here) the smart > way INPUT_DEVICES and VIDEO_CARDS are used - unless you set specific > ones all are built, which is a clever default.
Good to hear things have gone pretty smoothly for you! I've actually changed this default for INPUT_DEVICES, because it's so uncommon to use anything besides keyboard/mouse/evdev. So those are the new defaults, set in profiles (No, I didn't add evdev to non-Linux profiles, calm down =). But if you manually set INPUT_DEVICES="" it will still pull them all in.
> So thanks to everyone (i assume that's mostly you, Donnie) on this > very well done job.
Don't forget about Josh, he's put a lot of work into modular X as well. He just doesn't talk as much as I do. =) Thanks, Donnie

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X (7.0) stable on x86 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>