From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Ability to pass arguments to src_configure/src_compile
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 08:40:25
1 On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Vaeth <vaeth@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > But it doesn't do this well, because it is incompatible with any other
4 > case. Assume, for example, that you have an ebuild in this manner and
5 > that for the new release or for a bugfix you need a small non-included
6 > thing - then this means that you have to rewrite the ebuild almost
7 > completely. The suggestion violates in an extreme way the golden design
8 > rule that small changes in effect should require small changes in source.
9 > Moreover, a second syntax is introduced which everybody has learn,
10 > although it could be done as easily by the standard commands.
14 Yes, you're right. That would be really tedious and stupid... but
15 we're lucky, and EAPI-2 introduced the 'default' function. So if you
16 need to do a small change not covered by this method, you just define
17 the phase, make the little change, and then call the 'default'
18 function. Clean and simple.
19
20 In any case, I guess people are not considering this change for
21 EAPI-2. I think we'll come up with a more extense proposal which could
22 be targeted for EAPI-3.
23
24 Regards,
25 --