From: Fredrik Jagenheim <humming@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Overriding package mask
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:13:34
1 On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 04:31:21PM +1000, Troy Dack wrote:
2 >
3 > It would make sense (to me anyway) if the local ebuilds in
4 > $PORTDIR_OVERLAY were *NOT* checked against packages.mask, that way us
5 > end users could assist the developers by simply dropping masked ebuilds
6 > into our local tree and then testing them.
7
8 Yes, but make sure there is a way to mask packages in the OVERLAY
9 directory. There are a couple of situtation where you still want to
10 keep your local ebulld and not build it. If you screwed it up for
11 example and don't want to bother with moving it out of the OVERLAY dir
12 to a third dir for backups.
13
14 Making a packages.mask in the OVERLAY dir would probably be the best
15 way to do it.
16
17 No, I haven't used this OVERLAY feature myself, so there may perhaps
18 already be such a thing.
19
20 Brgds,
21 //Humming