From: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Overriding package mask
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 01:31:36
1 On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 14:04, Jonathan Kelly wrote:
2 > I beg to differ ... I did this with media-gfx/povray and after every
3 > "emerge sync" I get ....
4 > # emerge -pu povray
5
6 My apologies, I thought that the local ebuilds were NOT checked against
7 packages.mask.
8
9 I've just tried the same thing as you, with the same results.
10
11 It would make sense (to me anyway) if the local ebuilds in
12 $PORTDIR_OVERLAY were *NOT* checked against packages.mask, that way us
13 end users could assist the developers by simply dropping masked ebuilds
14 into our local tree and then testing them. Sure it means that there is
15 duplication and some extra hard drive space taken up, but ebuilds aren't
16 that big. Also for those wishing to test ebuilds it would be a
17 conscious decision to place a masked ebuild in your local tree.
18
19 Maybe I should submit a bug about this. Any devs care to comment?
22 Troy Dack
23 http://linuxserver.tkdack.com http://gentoo.tkdack.com