From: Jonathan Kelly <j0n@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Overriding package mask
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 02:02:13
1 On 18 Aug 2002 16:31:21 +1000
2 Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 14:04, Jonathan Kelly wrote:
5 > > I beg to differ ... I did this with media-gfx/povray and after every
6 > > "emerge sync" I get ....
7 > > # emerge -pu povray
8 >
9 > My apologies, I thought that the local ebuilds were NOT checked against
10 > packages.mask.
11 >
12 > I've just tried the same thing as you, with the same results.
13 >
14 > It would make sense (to me anyway) if the local ebuilds in
15 > $PORTDIR_OVERLAY were *NOT* checked against packages.mask, that way us
16 > end users could assist the developers by simply dropping masked ebuilds
17 > into our local tree and then testing them. Sure it means that there is
18 > duplication and some extra hard drive space taken up, but ebuilds aren't
19 > that big. Also for those wishing to test ebuilds it would be a
20 > conscious decision to place a masked ebuild in your local tree.
21
22 I think that is a logical and great idea.
23
24 Cheers.
25 Jonathan Kelly.