From: Jerome Brown <jerome@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 29 (USE groups) and negatives
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:44:27
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 08:14 +1300, Jerome Brown wrote:
3 >
4 >>How about another option?
5 >>
6 >>6) Disallow -USE within groups, but allow -@GROUP
9 <snip>
10 > Then again, I don't think that flags should be specified in more than
11 > one group.
12 >
13 > If it doesn't fit into a group, then don't group it. If it fits into
14 > multiple groups, then either pick one and stick with it, or don't group
15 > it.
16
17 I agree on this point, but wonder if it will be too restrictive to
18 enforce. Also, with to proposal to allow users to create their own
19 groups, they may want a unique combination of flags which they setup in
20 their overlay, which would violate the only in one group idea.
21
22 The other place that a flag may need to be in multiple groups could be
23 where local use flags are concerned, and they are related differently.
24 (I know this is an unlikely situation, but then we are Gentoo Users and
25 want to push the environs of what is possible/reasonable :) )
28 Jerome Brown
29 Technology Architect
30 Hub.Net
31
32 P: +64 3 961-5116
33 M: +64 29 453 7663
34 F: +64 3 961-5129
35 E: jerome@×××××××.nz
36 W: http://www.hub.net.nz/
37 O: Level 4, 818 Colombo St, Christchurch, New Zealand
38 S: PO Box 1879, Christchurch, New Zealand
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list