From: Peter Cech <cech@×××××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] X.Org 7.0 Release
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 11:00:20
1 On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 10:31:25AM +0100, Alexandre Buisse wrote:
2 > On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 00:49:35 +0100, Joshua Baergen wrote:
3 >
4 > > As many of you no doubt have noticed, spyderous and I finished bumping
5 > > the modular packages to the newly released 7.0, which includes many
6 > > changes and bug fixes since 6.8.2. Over the next few weeks we'll be
7 > > finalizing licenses and other necessities. To whoever has been using
8 > > modular for awhile: please let us know of any issues you currently have,
9 > > or had during upgrading.
10 >
11 > Hi,
12 >
13 > I'm not totally sure this is related to 7.0 but I had the issue after
14 > the emerge -u world that had 7.0 : it seems rgb.txt has been moved, from
15 > a place I can't remember now (most probably /usr/X11R6/rgb.txt) to
16 > /usr/share/X11/rgb.txt.
17 > I just had to update xorg.conf, but having white showing up as pink and
18 > not being able to launch any term was a surprise at first :)
19
20 I also got problems with the path to rgb.txt. In my case, the
21 consequences were less dramatic: xmms looked very ugly and all tcl/tk
22 applications failed to run (error was something about being unable to
23 run application Black).
24
25 I solved my problems by commenting RgbPath setting in xorg.conf. I would
26 suggest the line with RgbPath is commented in xorg.conf.example.
27
28 Regards,
29 Peter Cech
30 --