From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Philippe Coulonges <cphil@×××××.net>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ppc cross-compiler
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:37:29
1 On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:30, Philippe Coulonges wrote:
2 > Le Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:16:47 -0500
3 > Kumba <kumba@g.o> écrivait :
4 >
5 > > I'm unsure how tested that ability it. I made some ebuilds for
6 > > binutils/gcc sparc/mips64 support, and in doing so, inadvertently made
7 > > them capable of building cross-compilers. I'm also working on a
8 > > script to do cross-compilers that I hope to put into portage maybe
9 > > within another week or so....still beating the bugs out of it.
10 >
11 > Well, my goal is to build a gcc X-compiler for powerpc-unknown-eabi
12 > (embedded device).
13 > I'm not hurry as it will be a replacement for a compilation chain that
14 > works, so I would prefer a clean, gentoo's way solution.
15 >
16 > I started modifying the binutils ebuild in the same way as gcc, i.e.
17 > using env variable for the definition of the target and using SLOT. I
18 > still have a headache on the install part to figure out where everything
19 > should be.
20 >
21 > Since you seem more advanced, I will wait for your work. I'm willing to
22 > help however so you can pass me some scripts or ebuilds for testing if
23 > you wish.
26 How things are planned to work (or was rather), you will only need one
27 ebuild, and the SLOT="${PV}-${CCHOST}" will ensure that you have
28 multiple SLOT's. This support is however still not in portage, so
29 its a pita currently :/
32 Thanks,
36 Martin Schlemmer
37 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
38 Cape Town, South Africa