From: Alec Joseph Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cleaning out 'bc' and 'ed' from system
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:27:08
1 If someone is willing to do the work and not fsck things royally I don't
2 see a big deal about it. If nothing in system depends on it then it
3 shouldn't be there, we can trim 250kb off of all our stages and
4 liveCD's. Embedded gains 250kb off of their stuff as well. I just
5 don't want to see giant h0rkage in the tree because the person doing the
6 work didn't do a good enough job. *mutters something about tree
7 changesets*.
8
9 Luis F. Araujo wrote:
10 <snip>
11 > No. I just don't see the point to unnecessarily remove a package of
12 > 249.72 KB that might
13 > be very tricky to find out all of its dependencies and will lead to
14 > (unnecessarily) ebuild rewriting.
15 > bc is the kind of application that has been around long time enough to
16 > cause tricky
17 > problems, that's fine ... as long as it isn't unncessarily.
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list