From: "Luis F. Araujo" <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cleaning out 'bc' and 'ed' from system
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:21:44
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
4 >Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 >Luis F. Araujo wrote:
9 >>Nobody is forcing. I think it is better/easier to keep the package
10 >>than tracking/adding a lot of dependencies in the ebuilds.
14 >So you think actually knowing what packages truly depend on is a bad idea?
18 No. I just don't see the point to unnecessarily remove a package of
19 249.72 KB that might
20 be very tricky to find out all of its dependencies and will lead to
21 (unnecessarily) ebuild rewriting.
22 bc is the kind of application that has been around long time enough to
23 cause tricky
24 problems, that's fine ... as long as it isn't unncessarily.
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list