From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: libexec directory inconsistency
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:40:03
1 On Sonntag, 24. April 2011, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 21:43:16 +0200
3 >
4 > Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Sounds like we should fix udev ebuild and some ebuilds installing
6 > > udev rules to not use /$(get_libdir)/udev, but plain /lib/udev.
7 > >
8 > > I used that in believe that /lib is identical or links
9 > > to /$(get_libdir) and multilib-strict requires it, but it seems to be
10 > > intelligent enough to only deny 64-bit libs to go to /lib.
11 > >
12 > > So proper udev should use /lib/udev, correct?
13 >
14 > Do you really think it'd be fine for some systems to possibly
15 > have /lib64 and /lib with random different contents?
16
17 Well I was always under the impression that /lib64 and /lib did point to the
18 same directory.
19 Is the case where /lib is no symlink to /lib64 so frequent?
20
21 Matthias