From: Kyung-hwan Kim <redjade@××××××××××××.kr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc-2.2.2 / binutils-2.1.10.0.7 are incompatible/buggy!!!!! Don't use them on rc4_pre
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:49:52
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc-2.2.2 / binutils-2.1.10.0.7 are incompatible/buggy!!!!! Don't use them on rc4_pre by 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
1 > > I merged glibc-2.2.2 two days ago.
2 > > Files including ls, make, tar... got segmentation fault and failed.
5 > Did you compile it or did you use the package from gentoo-updates?
6
7 I just merged it from portage directory.
8
9 > > Is there any dependence about glibc?
10 >
11 > Everything depends on glibc. :-)
12
13 What I really want to know is how to track bugs and correct or make a
14 workaround complicatedly involved glibc-binutils-gcc-linux-...(etc).
15
16 > > Or safe way to test new glibc/binutils and packages which is dependent
17 > > on them?
18 >
19 > I will upload a build environment this week. This can be used for such
20 > tests.
21
22 I give you a cheer. :)
23