From: Prashanth Aditya Susarla <aditya@×××××××.in>
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Re: GCC3.1 bootstrap fails
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 13:51:18
1 > -fomit-frame-pointer -O3 (I had to ebuild parts of Xfree manually so I could
2 > change the flags in certain areas to get it to compile, and I also had to
3
4 Somehow I couldn't manage to do this. There was this problem with one
5 particular component (don't remember which, it was posted in one thread on
6 this mailing list earlier this month) and there was a quickfix solution
7 to it which said that it could be built manually in $PORTAGE_TMPDIR. I
8 tried it with all combinations of flags but I couldn't get it to work.
9 Ultimately I had to rebuild entire xfree with -march=i686 -O3
10 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe.
11
12 I had almost forgotten that qt doesn't honor make.conf and I went ahead
13 and built it and to my consternation saw it was using measly -O2 (and no
14 architecture-specific) flags. I think I'll just rebuild qt after I am done
15 with kde entirely.
16
17 Will it be necessary for me to recompile KDE if I recompile qt with these
18 newer flags? I shouldn't think so because I don't see any
19 qt-statically-linked components in KDE.
20
21 Regards,
22 Prashanth Aditya Susarla