From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] taking a break from arches stabilization
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:22:06
1 10.07.2017 20:22, Agostino Sarubbo пишет:
2 > Hi all.
3 >
4 > every time that I attach my tmux session to see what happens on irc, I always
5 > see the same discussion about the 'minor' arches status.
6 > Since I joined gentoo(2011) I worked on all arches except hppa, I put more
7 > effort in amd64 and less where I saw other people work on it (arm,alpha)
8 > But every time the magic phrase is that those arches are unmaintained.
9 >
10 > Now, since I work on these arches just to help, i.e. I don't have any business
11 > and I do non have any installation of those arches and the work I'm doing is
12 > not appreciated at all I decided to stop for now.
13 > If your dream is to put sparc and ia64 to ~arch, go ahead, I have no
14 > objections.
15 > I will take a break also from amd64 and x86...let's see how things will
16 > change.
19 It's sad, i wish you will return to this - you are doing great job for
20 all arches! I know how tedious this work could be - i was active arch
21 team member some time ago(but not anymore :-().
24 Best regards, Sergey Popov
25 Gentoo developer
26 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
27 Gentoo Quality Assurance project lead