From: Markus Oehme <oehme.markus@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:31:10
1 At Wed, 03 Mar 2010 21:19:42 -0600,
2 Dale wrote:
3 > Now watch some geek find a really simple solution next week. ;-)
4
5 I'm not very expirienced at gentoo development, but I just thought of (I
6 hope) a possible solution to this.
7
8 A circular dependency should always be caused by some USE flags (otherwise
9 it could never be satisfied). So if portage detects a circular dependency,
10 it could try first merging the circle without _any_ USE flags and in a
11 second sweep do the merges with the correct USE flags (so some packages get
12 merged twice in a run with circular dependencies).
13
14 Since this seems to be what would be done manually otherwise I think this
15 should work, but I'm just a noob, so no guarantees ;)
16
17 Markus
20 Aoccdrnig to a threoy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod
21 are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the
22 rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it in msot
23 csaes. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,
24 but the wrod as a wlohe. And I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.