From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problems with new install
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:24:52
1 > I thought userpass looked odd, but didn't give it a second thought.
2 >
3 I fixed this bug on cvs.
4 > >
5 > Well, I stumbled acrodd the rc4 dir that was free of the preN tag and assumed
6 > I had found the next "stable" rc before it was posted to the website, I'd
7 > suggest a README in that dir outlining a couple caveats and warnings.
8
9 Yes, i'll move it to a snashot subdir.
10 >
11 > >Maybe remerging gluelog/daemontools (both in sys-apps) solves this
12 > >problem.
13 > >If you don't speak polis you should also remerge the man package in
14 > >sys-apps.
15 >
16 > Doh! :-) O.k. will do, I'll keep posting bugs and such. It's kinda nice ot be
17 > able to help out a new distro especially one with developers so eager to help.
18
19 Hmm, olease checp the permission of /var first. I think it has 700 in
20 the tarball, because I did
21 alot of things manually while I prepared it.
22
23 Ignore all the other suggestions I wrote yesterday, it was 4am here and
24 I was not fully awake. :)
25
26 Yes, getting bug reports is really neccesarry since we are 4-5
27 developers for 500 packages, so we can
28 not test everything intensive.
29
30 bye achim~
33 > --
34 > Ben Lutgens cell: 612.670.4789
35 > Sistina Software Inc. worl: 612.379.3951
36 > Code Monkey Support (A.K.A. System Administrator)
37 >
38 > Kernel panic: I have no root and I want to scream
39 >
41 > Part 1.2Type: application/pgp-signature