From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A better FTP client with Gentoo enhancements
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:54:30
1 Bryce Porter wrote:
2 >
3 > Ouch... Wget is very lightweight and does an excellent job of what it is
4 > used for. It is small and simple, and easy to understand. Why fix what
5 > isn't broken, anyway?
6
7 I personaly use prozilla for fetching. This tool can find mirrors for a
8 source and downloads
9 from the fastes one. Additionaly it downloads the package parallel in
10 portions. I get the maximum
11 download speed most times. But it has a ugly ncurses based interface.
12 I think Philipe is enhancing our fetch function at the moment. And we
13 decided to use prozilla for default.
14 wget does a good job in most cases, but here it sometimes hangs after
15 downloading a big source and I must CTRL-C it.
16
17 achim~
21 > gentoo-dev mailing list
22 > gentoo-dev@g.o