From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: the demise of grub:0
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 22:29:28
1 On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 05:04:12PM -0500, Dan Douglas wrote:
2 > Also grub2-mkconfig is disgusting. I wonder if anybody is interested
3 > in making something better because I doubt it would be much work for
4 > someone that knows grub well. 90% of what it does is generate
5 > boilerplate code that few people understand.
6
7 If you know grub well, you can hand write a grub.cfg without
8 using grub-mkconfig at all. There is a perception that you need
9 grub-mkconfig, but this is not true.
10
11 William