From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new glep draft: Portage as a secondary package manager
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:48:21
1 One general Question:
2 How can open source packages work on Unices which are non-Gentoo-Linux
3 if there are that many unresolved issues you try to point out ?
4
5 This is what autoconf and libtool are for, and if a package lacks using
6 them, autoconf/libtool-like trickery has to be done in ebuilds.
7
8 There are always 'what if' situations, where the secondary package
9 manager cannot be responsible for. Portage and ebuilds have to avoid
10 _all_ those situations _only_ if portage is the _primary_ pkg mgr.
11
12 As secondary pkg mgr, _some_ basic working things must be presumeable.
13
14 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
15 > On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:05:20 +0200 Michael Haubenwallner