From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] icedtea requiring X libs to build was -> Guidelines for IUSE defaults
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 16:18:21
1 On Thursday, February 2, 2017 11:13:40 AM EST Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 02/02/2017 11:09 AM, James Le Cuirot wrote:
3 > > Actually he's right. Java can obviously be used without GTK and that's
4 > > something we support but upstream hasn't taken the time to make it
5 > > possible to build without it. Apparently that isn't a trivial thing to
6 > > do.
7 > >
8 > > In my earlier mail, I was only talking about runtime. If you really
9 > > want to avoid GTK on a server then you should stick to one of the -bin
10 > > packages. Hopefully Java 9 will improve on this.
11 >
12 > Apologies: I was actually thinking of icedtea-bin... which ALSO pulls in
13 > GTK due to IUSE defaults.
14
15 If you look at dev-java/icedtea ebuild you will see
16
17 # Gtk+ will move to COMMON_DEP in time; PR1982
18
19 I cannot find PR1982 referenced to link. But shows that it is needed and causes
20 issues without being set.
23 William L. Thomson Jr.