From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] icedtea requiring X libs to build was -> Guidelines for IUSE defaults
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 16:27:35
1 On 02/02/2017 11:18 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 >
3 > If you look at dev-java/icedtea ebuild you will see
4 >
5 > # Gtk+ will move to COMMON_DEP in time; PR1982
6 >
7 > I cannot find PR1982 referenced to link. But shows that it is needed and causes
8 > issues without being set.
11 I don't really want to fight about this. I have USE="-gtk" for
12 icedtea-bin, and run a few happy websites through Tomcat that haven't
13 yet noticed that GTK is missing.
14
15 But more importantly, icedtea-bin was just one example that I had in
16 mind. There are hundreds of others in the tree.