From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: GPL and Source code providing
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:30:09
1 On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 15:59 +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > It would be enough, regularily burning not yet archived tarballs
3 > on an CD and collecting them in some box where they can be catched
4 > if someone requests it. This should be done by several people, so
5 > in case of disk errors, fire, dead, etc we always have some archive.
6
7 There's absolutely no need for this. We only provide binaries in the
8 form of our releases, meaning we *only* need keep sources for those
9 releases. Everything else can disappear as soon as it leaves the tree.
10
11 > Since it's not an gentoo-specific task (all distros shipping binary
12 > packages have this problem), I would suggest doing this within the
13 > csdb-project I annonced lately (http://sourcefarm.metux.de/)
14
15 Again, there's absolutely no point in us doing this.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
20 x86 Architecture Team
21 Games - Developer